Session Details 2021
Due to the prevailing COVID-19 situation we are still unable to organise a judging event in June 2021, but we hope that we can finally resume the judging sessions in November 2021. We invite all interested photographers to submit their applications for that session. If you have already submitted an application for an earlier -since cancelled- session, it will be automatically transferred to the next available session.
The address for panels and completed forms will be communicated later.
The online application system will be open, so you can submit your images whenever you are ready with them.
Eligibility for the MQEP Qualification
To be eligible to apply for a MASTER QEP the candidate:
- must hold a QEP Certificate.
- must present a body of work which represents exceptional personal style and originality. The panel should demonstrate excellence in either your professional field or personal work. There are no categories or specialisations for Masters.
- in principle, within reason, no limitation in size or volume will be grounds to exclude a submission. MQEP candidates may present, together with the images, some supporting evidence (CDs, videos, books, publications…).
Submission Of Work
- each candidate must submit a panel of 20 printed images. Every print must be clearly numbered on the back to correspond with the visual guide; a directional arrow is also required.
- each submission must be accompanied by a MQEP application form. (Candidates have to print it after the application online and send it together with the prints)
- from September 2017, the application is done online. Log-in then apply through our website.
- during the registration online, candidatess should upload all 20 images. These images will be published in the MQEP galleries of successful candidates. Images can be also uploaded later, on a second step, after the payment has been made, however both payment and image upload are required for the entry to be considered complete.
Files should be uploaded at the original file resolution, at least 4,000px on the long side.
- all photographic prints must be submitted in a reusable case, for easy handling and return shipping. Exceptional sized cases received will be returned only providing the payment of an extra charge. FEP cannot be held responsible for loss or damage during transit.
- candidates are required to submit only one set of 20 images for judging, any other images submitted as part of the panel will be disqualified, apart from images used as supporting evidence shown in books, calendars, journals etc.
- for any submission involving images which have been extensively manipulated in post-production, the candidate will be required to submit the original Camera files used to create the final panel of work.
- anonymity of the candidates will be respected at all times; however, the FEP secretariat will inform the national headquarters of the relevant FEP member association of the candidates.
- the appropriate application fee must also accompany the submission, as indicated in the MQEP application form. It is possible to pay online through the website or by wire transfer.
- the submitted images will be judged by 7 international judges. The MASTER QEP candidate must achieve a majority of 5 VOTES OUT OF 7 to be deemed successful.
- successful photographers will receive a printed certificate for display in their studio, they will also be given a handbook containing advice on how best to exploit the qualification in their marketing.
- unsuccessful candidates will receive from the FEP a constructive critique of their panel indicating why, on this occasion it has not been successful.
- these candidates may repeat the application at the first available judging session.
MQEP: An application fee of € 270,00 is due to cover the costs, such as venue charges, certification, jury expense, etc. When the candidate applies within the given date, the application fee of € 270,00 applies. In order to secure the organisation of the judging session as early as possible, we want to invite you to send your applications early. Therefore the application fee for the early birds, i.e. those sending in their applications before the deadline of October 6th, remains as € 270,00. You can however apply later than that too, but the late birds will have a small supplement fee of € 50,00 making the full application fee € 320,00. So be an early bird and save money!
Candidates have to send their fees through the website by credit card (or in the absence of one, through a wire transfer directly to the FEP). The FEP secretariat will keep tracks of the membership of the candidate and of the payment of the entry fee. The registration will be considered only when FEP will receive evidence of the payment of the entry fee made by the candidate.
Return of MQEP Prints
To cover the costs of return transportation of your works to the address indicated on the application form you must enclose proof of an additional fee in the amount of € 60,00. Since the way of presenting your work is free in the MQEP applications, you panel may be heavy or the the packaging very large. In this case we may have to charge you an extra fee for the return service once we know the cost of it. ATTENTION: Candidates who don’t pay for this service must in any case withdraw the panels; after 15 days, panels will be removed.
The Jury will be drawn from delegates nominated annually by the national organisations within their relevant QEP and Master QEP holders, and then selected by the FEP Jury Chairman.
The decisions of the jury are final and binding. No contact with the Jury Chairman or Jury members are allowed before the judging.
Copyright and Releases
The copyright of all images submitted remains with the copyright holder. However the FEP reserves the right to use any of the images submitted, without payment, for display and publicity purposes for this and future FEP awards or projects. It is vital that the candidate obtains the permission of the client and/or the copyright holder and any relevant model release forms, where appropriate before submitting the work.
Secretariat and Organisation
A minimum of 20 QEP applications or 15 QEP applications + 5 MASTER QEP applications are required to proceed with a first line of judges. A second line of judges will be activated when reached a minimum of 40 QEP applications or 35 QEP applications + 5 MASTER QEP applications.
All candidates will receive written notification of the result of their submission from the FEP Secretariat. A list of all successful candidates ONLY will be announced. The anonymity of all candidates will be respected at all times including during judging sessions.
The FEP Secretariat will not put forward for judging any panels unless the following procedures have been adhered to, neither will these panels be returned to their authors, if:
- the images submitted do not conform to these rules
- the submission fees has not been paid
- the membership of the candidates has not been confirmed by the relevant association.
The relevant National Association will assist with organising and checking that everything is in order for their own candidates before submissions are judged.The total weight of the panels, including the case, must not exceed 8 kg. Submissions exceeding this weight or submissions whose return of print service fee has not been paid will be not sent back. Then, candidates have 15 days to withdraw the panels, otherwise they will be removed.
The level of illumination for all print jury session will be equivalent to one second at f16 with a meter setting at 100 ISO.