So far this year:
- Communication: the FEP communication cell met in Rome, February 20th – 21st; the new web site is ongoing, with new interactive areas, more news, more links and more information. Jorgen Brandt (Denmark) appointed as FEP press officer.
- Professional Qualifications: March 9th – 10th; a new set of rules was approved by the qualification cell. The meeting was chaired by Jim Lowe, Chairman of the QEP judging panel. The updated rules are published in the QEP and MQEP pages.
- Education: At University College Falmouth (Cornwall, UK) we had the chance to meet with the Director of the college, Mr. Paul Inman. As a result of this meeting, we may progress the possibility of having our qualifications officially recognised by the college and offering third level students, young photographers or newcomers to photography, a new FEP award at the end of term. This agreement should be a template for similar agreements with further institutes in other European countries.
- Events: FEP President Neil Warner represented the FEP at the opening of the Spanish Congress, in La Cullera; FEP Board Members Belen Caballero and Pascal Baetens attended the Portuguese Congress in Lisboa, while FEP CEO Giuseppe Scozzi presented the Italian winners of the FEP competition at the Rome Photoshow 2010.
- The next FEP congress on progress: organisational issues and the programme for the congress was one of the main topics we discussed during 3 meetings we had in Paris with the GNPP officers in January, February and March. The date (February 6th – 8th, 2011), the venue (Lyon), and the schedule for the congress programme were confirmed.
- FEP Exhibition: the FEP – EPSON 2009 exhibition was on display at the Epson stand at the Rome Photoshow, March 27th – 29th.